Would you like to operate or conduct business within the Town of View Royal? If so, you will likely need to obtain a Business Licence. You may also require other permits to get your business started. Follow the BizPaL process to see what other things you may need to do in order to get your business started. Please note that you cannot submit forms to the Town electronically. You may download and print the forms required and submit them in person at Town Hall along with the necessary payment. Be sure to bring payment with your Business License Application Form [PDF - 42 KB] to Town Hall.
If you are interested in operating a home occupied business you will also need to apply for a business licence with the Town. Businesses operated in residences have specific regulations:
- You must live in the home where the business is occupied,
- The dwelling cannot contain a secondary suite,
- The occupation cannot create any offensive odours, noise, ground vibration, or electrical interference,
- It must be completely enclosed within a building,
- It cannot include retail sales for any item produced off site,
- It cannot increase traffic or parking,
- The space occupied by the occupation must be less than 20% of the total floor area of the home and not more than 400 square feet,
- The occupation must be a specifically authorized use (see the Land Use Bylaw, section 40, for specific uses).
Section 40 of View Royal's Land Use Bylaw [PDF - 498 KB] outlines the restrictions and permitted uses of a home operated business. Please ensure that you have read and understand all the bylaw requirements for home occupied businesses before undertaking any business at home.
For more information on business licence requirements, please contact: