Building Services & Bylaw Enforcement

Building Services

Building Services is responsible for the issuance, inspection, and approval of all building and plumbing permits within View Royal.  All applications can be made at Town Hall. A Building Inspector provides general information pertaining to the administration of the BC Building Code and other relevant standards. A Building Inspector can provide practical information on construction, plumbing, and the BC Building Code.

  • General Inquiries or to book a Building Inspection: 250-708-2256
  • Property Information Requests: if you are looking for information on your property, or one you may be interested in purchasing, you can request information by filling out and submitting this Property Information Request form [PDF - 131 KB]. Please note, there may be a charge depending on the amount of staff time spent to complete the request and the volume of records required.

Bylaw Enforcement

Bylaw Enforcement is responsible for maintaining and enforcing all bylaw infractions within the Town of View Royal. This includes issues such as parking, noise, truck route, unsightly premises, illegal dumping etc. If you have concerns or questions regarding the bylaws within View Royal, please feel free to contact us for more information or to make a bylaw complaint.

  • To file a bylaw complaint, please complete the Bylaw Complaint Form [PDF - 223 KB]. Submit the form (and any supporting pictures if available):
    By Email:
    By Fax: 250-479-7395
    In person: drop off written correspondence to the Bylaw Enforcement Office (Public Safety Building - 333 Island Hwy) or Town Hall (45 View Royal Ave).

Department Contact Information:

  • Bylaw Enforcement
    Address: 333 Island Highway
    Phone: 250-727-7903
    Fax: 250-479-7395

  • Protective Services
    Address: 333 Island Highway
    Phone: 250-479-7322
    Fax: 250-479-7395