Bylaw Enforcement

Bylaw Enforcement Officers are given the task of investigating concerns or  complaints about alleged violations of View Royal's bylaws. If you have a concern about a perceived bylaw infraction, such as an infraction involving excessive noise, a hazardous property condition, or a potential zoning infraction, you can submit a complaint to the Town. 

Enforcement proceedings vary for each individual complaint and are decided upon based on the individual case. Some issues may be determined by the Town to be a civil matter between two property owners, or a minor non-enforceable infraction. Other issues may be enforced through a number of different measures, including municipal ticketing or seeking a court injunction.

Bylaw Inquiry or Complaint

To make a complaint, inquiry or express a concern regarding Bylaw Enforcement, please contact us through any one of the following methods*:

  • Phone: 250-727-7903
  • Fax: 250-727-9551
  • Email:
  • Written or In Person: a Bylaw Complaint Form can be filled out and dropped off at Town Hall (45 View Royal Ave) or the Bylaw Office (Public Safety Building - 333 Island Hwy).

*NOTE: The Town requires the complainant to provide their name, address and phone number, as well as the complainant's association with the issue of complaint. All personal information provided by a complainant is protected in accordance with the Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act.

If you have an urgent health or safety concern, contact the Town by phone at 250-727-7903.

Click here for more information on the Town's Bylaw Enforcement Policy [PDF - 103 KB]